Pages

June 17, 2011

soal UTS B.Inggris 8.1

I. Pilihlah jawaban yang paling tapat dengan cara memberi tanda silang (x) pada huruf a, b, c, atau d pada lembar jawaban yang tersedia !

For question number 1-5
Seller : “Can I help you, madam?”
We have a various fruit, orange, mango, apple, watermelon,etc.
Mom : “Yes, please, I‘d like to buy some oranges.”
Seller : “I have some, which one do you want, ‘mandarin’ or ‘pontianak’?
Mom : “ I’d like ’Pontianak’ ones. How much are they?”
Seller : “They are Rp.12.000,- per kg”
Mom : “OK, I buy two kilograms.”
Seller : “Here you are”
Mom : “Thanks. Here is the money.”
1. How does the seller offer a help?
a. By saying “can you help me, madam?”
b. By saying “can I help you, madam?”
c. By answering “I’d like to buy some aranges?”
d. By answering “I’d like ‘Pontianak’ ones.”
2. Where does the dialog take place?
a. In the restaurant c. In the stationary
b. In the pet shop d. In a market
3. What is mother buy?
a. Mango c. Orange
b. Strawberry d. Watermelon
4. How much money does mother need to pay the fruit?
a. Rp.12.000,- c. Rp.22.000,-
b. Rp.1.200,- d. Rp.24.000,-
5. How many oranges does mother buy?
a. Two kilograms c. One kilogram
b. Five kilograms d. Rp.12.000,-

For questions number 6-9

Semarang, 4th October 2010

The English teacher
SMP
Semarang

Dear Sir,
We would like to inform you that the English Students Worksheet books have been published by
our company. You could order them from now on through e-mail or you could order directly from
our sales representatives. We are really looking forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Rahmat Darmawan.
The Manager of PT SEJAHTERA

6. The text is a letter of ....
a. Personal c. Offering
b. Application d. Complaint
7. The letter is sent by ....
a. PT SEJAHTERA c. Salesperson of the company.
b. The manager of PT SEJAHTERA d. Teachers of SMP
8. How should the teachers do to order that?
a. They can order through e-mail.
b. They can order from their teachers.
c. They can order directly to other publisher.
d. They can order through e-mail and its salesman.
9. The company tells that
a. It has published its e-mail.
b. It has published a new novel.
c. It has ordered the english students worksheet.
d. It has published english students worksheet
10. Andre feeds his pet ....................twice a day.
a. Continuously c. Regularly
b. Breavly d. Lazily

Jln. Plamongan Indah Raya, 49 Semarang
October 19, 2010
Dear Vivi,
Hi, how are you? I hope you are fine. I’m not OK, actually I’ve lost everything, my electronic devices, hand phone, even friends. I wish you could be here with me.
I lost everything because my father was retired from his office. You might not believed it, but it is true. His company went bankrupt and closed. From now on, we have to live economically. My father has to sell our properties before he can find a new job. Unfortunately, he can’t get one until now.
Vi, something that makes me feel worse is my friends. They used to come and play with me. They used to ride my bicycle, play my CDs, even used my hand phone. But now, when my family become poor, no one comes to me. They may have forgotten me. Will you forget me too, Vi?
I do hope we can meet soon. I need you, Vi!

Love
Shofia

11. What kind of text is it?
a. Descriptive text c. Report text
b. Recount text d. Procedure text
12. Why does Shofia write a letter?
The wrong answer is ….
a. She wants to meet Vivi c. She told about his father’s company
b. She hopes Vivi won’t forget her d. She wants to borrow Vivi’s property
13. Unfortunately, he can’t get one until now.
The underlined word means ….
a. Property c. Hand phone
b. A new job d. A new friend
14. The windows – you – mind –would – opening-?
1 2 3 4 5
It should be arranged ...........
a. 4-2-3-5-1 c. 2-3-4-1-5
b. 4-2-3-1-5 d. 3-2-1-4-5

For questions number 15-17
Last Sunday the students of VIIIA ..............camping. It was in Bukit Kencana Jaya. It was about 25 Km from Semarang. The campsite is very large. We ............ see a wonderful view there. There ........... many good fishing ponds to visit. We are certain that the pond was the best.

15. a. Went b. Goes c. Gone d. Go
16. a. Could b. Can c. Should d. Shall
17. a. Is b. Are c. Were d. Was

For questions number 18-20
1. Ricky : “I’ve lost my key”
2. Nana : “Realy? Where did you put it?
3. Ricky : “I can’t remember.”
4. Nana : “Why do you look so sad?”
18. The best arrangement of the jumble dialogue above is .....
a. 1-2-3-4 c. 4-3-2-1
b. 4-1-2-3 d. 2-3-1-4
19. Why does Ricky look so sad?
a. Because he lost the key c. Because he is hungry
b. Because he can’t memorize well d. Because he lost his money.
20. Can Ricky remember where did he put the key?
a. Yes, he can. c. Yes, she can.
b. No, he cannot. d. No, she cannot.

II. Answer these following questions correctly based on the text bellow!
Announcement
There will be a working-bee at school on:
Friday, 1st October 2010
At 07.00-10.00 am

All students are responsible for cleanliness of the
classroom and its surroundings.
Bring any cleaning tools.

Remember!
Come a half of an hour earlier

Thank You
Principal

1. Where you may find this announcement?
2. Who is the one announce it?
3. Arrange the jumbled words into a good sentence.
camping – agree – holiday – to – the children – next – go
4. Arrange the jumbled sentences into a good descriptive text.
a. It comes to town once a year.
b. There are elephants, horses, lions, and tigers.
c. The circus is a lot of fun.
d. There are many animals in the circus.
e. When you go to a circus what do you see?
f. They do stunts and tricks.
5. Arrange the jumbled sentences into a good recount text.
a. The bus was air-conditioned, so I felt comfortable.
b. All the passengers got off, did their prayers and had dinner.
c. Then I took a taxi to my grandparents’ house.
d. In my holiday I visited my grandparents in Bandung.
e. The bus stopped at Pekalongan.
f. I went there by bus. It left at five in the afternoon.
g. The bus reached Bandung at six.

No comments:

Post a Comment